If you are interested in become a communing member of Neon Reformed, we invite you to take our new member/communicants class. This class is designed to orient visitors and non-communing members to basic biblical beliefs and practices. The goal is that each student will be able to stand before the congregation to affirm these vows at the end of the class (cf. Directory of Worship IV.B.2):
1) Do you believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the Word of God, and its doctrine of salvation to be the perfect and only true doctrine of salvation?
2) Do you believe in one living and true God, in whom eternally there are three distinct persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit—who are the same in being and equal in power and glory, and that Jesus Christ is God the Son, come in the flesh?
3) Do you confess that because of your sinfulness you abhor and humble yourself before God, that you repent of your sin, and that you trust for salvation not in yourself but in Jesus Christ alone?
4) Do you acknowledge Jesus Christ as your sovereign Lord, and do you promise that, in reliance on the grace of God, you will serve him with all that is in you, forsake the world, resist the devil, put to death your sinful deeds and desires, and lead a godly life?
5) Do you promise to participate faithfully in this church’s worship and service, to submit in the Lord to its government, and to heed its discipline, even in case you should be found delinquent in doctrine or life?
Rationale and Schedule
A Brief Word on Confessions and Catechisms
Class 1: Doctrine of Scripture (Part 1)
Class 2: Doctrine of Scripture (Part 2)
Class 3: Doctrine of God and the Holy Trinity
Class 4: Doctrine of Christ
Class 5: Doctrine of Salvation (Part 1)
Class 6: Doctrine of Salvation (Part 2)
Class 7: Doctrine of the Church (Part 1)
Class 8: Doctrine of the Church (Part 2)